I have a tremendous amount of things to be jubilant about today. In fact I feel positively jubilcious. So I have been nominated for two blog awards not one but TWO! Makes me so happy and proud hope I can wear my hat tomorrow as I may be getting a big head. No really I am so grateful and proud that my blog is being read and being honored this way is something I never dreamed would happen to me. First I have been nonminated by http://clanmother.com for the Family of Bloggers award. I read what she wrote about my blog”Henrietta’s Hippo: A fresh perspective on life and how to bring beauty and joy into a space we call home.” What a compliment especially coming from Clanmother, she is a Inspiration and always has kind and supportive comments that make me feel that it’s going to be ok. The blogging community feels like family the feeling that I know some of you personally and really and truly we are in this together, not blogging per say but life. Some blogs make me laugh out loud others cry and some I just nod my head and think I have been there and done that. It makes me feel better to be able to put my lows and highs into words and have fellow bloggers write words of encouragement and understanding.
There are four rules to accepting this award:
1. Pay credit to the one who nominated you.
2. Place a link to the one who nominated you on your award page
3. Using the anagram of the word “FAMILY” tell us the attributes you bring to the family of bloggers.
Blogging has taught me fortitude to move through areas in life that are unknown giving up is not a option. Alliance most definitely as I feel I belong to a elite group that stand together. Magic it feels like magic when I post my thought and photos and they are read by people all over the world. Italy need I say more? Love I love where my life is going and that I am following my dream. Yearning to be better, a better person and yearn to become the women I am meant to be.
1.http://longlifecatsanddogs.wordpress.com/ What they are doing for those who can not stand up for themselves is heroic.
2.http://en.gravatar.com/changeforbetterme Because her outlook is outside the normal and I can relate.
3.http://en.gravatar.com/animalcouriers Patience is a virtue and I know these folks have patience.
4.http://dakotasden.wordpress.com/ Anyone that puts the youtube video What Makes Rosh Hashanah beautiful on a blog is Good People.
5.http://kokopellibeefreeblog.wordpress.com/ We all need help finding ourselves and I am so glad there are people willing to step up to the plate.
Now for the drum roll…… I have been nominated by jessicahttp://iadoptedadog.wordpress.com/ for the Your on fire award. I love this award because I get to write eight unusual things about myself or my pets. My absolutely favorite thing in the world is getting to either write, show off or talk about my baby dogs. Jessica Thank You so much for nominating me, I remember adopting my first dog and thinking now what. I love your blog and all of your wisdom and humor.
1. I don’t see my dogs as big so when I see them in a photo I am shocked at their size.
2. When Baloo the chocolate newfoundland was a puppy he would sleep in my bedroom along with my daughter. He would whine and cry like a baby and she would yell at him “be quiet baloo you cry like a girl
3. Ferris wouldn’t swim until we got baloo since he didn’t want to be shown up by the newfoundland he swims like a fiend.
4. Ferris is a rescue dog he was picked up as a puppy in Mississippi and put in a shelter. He was found by the St. Bernard rescue society and was living in a foster family he wasn’t very adoptable because of his size. He is my dog, my shadow he is the healthiest and most well behaved dog I have ever had.
5. My ex-husband brought up my dogs in mediation when we were divorcing. He was always jealous of them.
6. My dogs keep me sober.
7.Baloo ran away from home a woman in the neighbor hood saw him and called animal control, she reported a brown bear in her yard.
8. I am so grateful for both of them.
Next I would like to pass The Bog on fire award to the next 8 bloggers
Thank you to all of these bloggers who are truly on fire. They are inspirational, unique and and so enjoyable to read.
So last but not least I had my first order online at Henrietta’s Hippo. I am so proud I feel that my hard work and determination is paying off. I have one thing to say I am so grateful to all of the blogging community for embracing me and supporting me. I appreciate the patience with my newness I would never would have been able to accomplish any of this had I not decided to get well. These are my very first order on line!!! Giant prayer beads 2 sets were ordered. Very fitting for where I am in life!!
From our home to yours,